Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jerry's Chile Warm Up



"Mark Mccarthy and I have been in Arica, Chile for almost a whole week now, getting some practice in for the up coming event starting the 20th. I decided not to do Peru, because I felt that last year I was ill prepared for this event, especially in regards to picking the good lefts which offer the highest scoring potential!
I was invited(along with mccarthy) to go in the local contest held at el Gringo this weekend and I jumped at the oppurtunity to practice under contest conditions. The locals really surprised me from the Semi Finals onwards and some of the guys I really hope qaulify for ACC 2011 include Alan Mu`noz and another alan but im not sure of his surname!The guys rip! I ended up winning the event and got a sweet trophy so im pretty stoked, Alan and I were pretty tight in the final so I was stoked to come out on top! Cheers for having me!
Tommorow looks like the arrival of some swell so im itching to get some good waves and some more valuable practice!Well done to Sam Bennet and all the other competitors at the Peru comp, great job!"

The words of Jared Houston, on his preparations for the upcoming IBA Grand Slam event at Arica, Chile.


No comments:

Post a Comment